Lister Hill Library dedicated
October 2021 Image of the Month
The Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences was dedicated in formal ceremonies held on October 19, 1971, as the first building constructed for the university's health sciences library.  Prior to the opening of the new building, the campus library had been housed within the University Hospital complex since the four-year medical school was established in 1945.  When completed in 1971, the new facility was named in honor of Lister Hill, the former Senator and Congressman from Alabama who had spent over four decades in Washington as a proponent of, among others, medical libraries, medical education, and of healthcare for Americans.

Image ID: P7.2.7, #1458