• 1910: Dr. Edgar Poe Hogan became the first Hillman Hospital administrator, serving in a part-time capacity until 1930.

    1910: The Birmingham Medical College merged with the Birmingham Dental College (which had opened in the fall of 1893) and was renamed the Birmingham Medical, Dental and Pharmaceutical College.

    1911: Dr. George H. Denny became president of The University of Alabama and served until 1936.

    1911: Dr. Eugene DuBose Bondurant became the fourth dean of the Medical College of Alabama.

    1912: Dr. Lewis C. Morris, Sr., became the third dean of the Birmingham Medical, Dental and Pharmaceutical College.

    September 12, 1912: The trustees of the proprietary Birmingham Medical, Dental and Pharmaceutical College transferred all land, buildings, and equipment to The University of Alabama Board of Trustees, who agreed to continue the school until the enrolled students completed their studies.

    1913: Hillman Hospital Annex was completed.

    May 27, 1915: The last class of 44 graduated from the Birmingham Medical College, and the program was terminated by The University of Alabama Board of Trustees.

    October 2, 1915: Dr. Tucker Henderson Frazer became the fifth dean of the Medical College of Alabama.